Friday, July 20, 2012

I drove into a ditch...OY

So...Lorelai's rental fixer upper...long story how she and her friend found said house and it is quite a bit more of a fixer upper than Hank and I were anticipating. And not exactly in the best part of town. I was so taken aback that I drove into a ditch. I KID YOU NOT. I was seeing the house for the first time and pulling onto the side of the road in front not realizing that the side of the road included a ditch. Turned my car almost completely over on its side. I am OK...car is OK. Tow truck company $100 richer. Not sure what we are going to do about the house. She has made a commitment so I don't guess there is much we can do. Not to mention that she is very determined that this is how it is going to be. I could just cry!! Actually, I did cry, but I could cry again right now. I also might have raised my voice. Hank reflected at dinner that it is a good thing he was calm because I was not...and Lorelai was not. We had words. She cried too. We went to Lowes and bought cleaning supplies, blinds and a few other things. Am going to get on the phone in the morning to see about a security system. At least we brought a truck load of nice furniture. Tomorrow we scrub.

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Now relax make some popcorn, pour a tall glass of wine and pop in the movie Money Pit. Watching that movie will save you from any future shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've spent $700 at Lowes in the last 24 hours!

      Delete
  2. Judson's house in Oxford that he kept telling us was so AWESOME was disgusting. I scrubbed that thing from top to bottom last August and I'm glad I won't be there for the move OUT. He had planned on moving into a different disgusting old house right by the Square, but now is thankfully moving into a brand new apartment with only one roommate instead of 3. Seeing as how he is on double secret probation, this is probably a good move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear, when my daughter and her fiance (one week shy of the wedding) showed us their newly purchased home, I refused to go inside because of the mouse droppings. After being coaxed by the others in attendance ("just be nice!") we came upon a 50 gallon aquarium with a live eel in the guest room. Realtor still can't explain how that got there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister in law will never let me forget the day we were looking at some horrible house her agent found for her parents to buy as a "fixer upper". I had to go outside after about 5 minutes and my reason...."I feel rats!" There's "fixer upper" and there's "Run...I feel rats!"

      Delete
  4. I just re-discovered your blog after quite a long time. I once had a blog called Mildred's Menagerie; I live in GA. I'm going to spend some time catching up. I'm sorry about your daughter's house situation and the worry it is causing you. My comment should take you to my newest blog, Maple Lane. It's very nice to reconnect. Mildred Nalley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you are having a good summer-except for worrying about Lorelai's house! Congrats to Hank on his retirement!

    School starts for me in two weeks-yikes!

    I've been behind on posting too, but I updated my blog over the weekend. Don't know if you've had time to read it, but we've had some big, wonderful changes in our house this summer! : )

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!