1. After three long years, we have finally sold Mother's house back in Hometown. What a tremendous relief it is since we were just about to have to do some maintenance work. I'd much rather that the new owners do their own thing. It's hard to manage something like that from two hours away. It's a sweet house full of lovely memories, but Hometown is far from a booming center of commerce. Not a lot of new folks moving in. I understand that the buyers are retiring to the community.
2. We spent last weekend at the summerhouse, joined by Will and Meg. We were so sad that Louis and Sue couldn't join us. On Saturday, we ventured into Beaufort and ate lunch at our favorite place..Wren, before returning back to paradise where Hank built a fire out by the water. We sat laughing and talking until way after dark. Will and Meg's son is getting married in May so we talked about rehearsal party themes and will all be together again for a party out at Folly Beach on March 10.
3. Lorelai started her student teaching last week. I had to smile every afternoon when she called to tell me how TIRED she was. Yes indeed...five year olds can give a gal a run for her money, although one little boy did draw a picture of Miss Southern, the princess. She's happy that at least one of the children recognized her true inner princess.
4. We found out last week that Mother has diabetes. It isn't horrible and will be handled with "a pill" each day. Bless her, she does love sweets and we've noticed as the dementia worsens that she pushes regular food around on her plate, taking a bite here and a bite there. But sweets??!!!?? She loves them.
5. Now I have possible genetic predispositions to dementia AND diabetes to look forward to.
6. I told you I'm reading the Happiness Project...haven't read a chapter in three weeks. Maybe this afternoon since it's rainy and chilly. Where is Hank??? I need him to make a fire in the den. Let me go find him...
Hope everything is going well for you and yours.