Monday, June 15, 2015

I'm HERE, I'm HERE....LORELAI'S Wedding! We survived a year of planning and the BIG EVENT!

I didn't disappear. You likely do not believe me. I'm BACK....really back. Planned any weddings lately? Let me tell you, it will consume your entire brain. You won't be able to think of anything else. One day I'm going to write a book...maybe try out my wedding planning skills. Maybe in three years when I retire. We'll see.

Anyhow...our little Lorelai got married to her prince charming, Butler, this past Saturday, June 13, at our lovely and historic Second Presbyterian Church with the cocktail hour in the lobby and dinner and dancing in the Colonial Ballroom at the Francis Marion Hotel. I'll tell you about our planner and florist, and other vendors in future posts. It will take 100 posts to truly express our heartfelt gratitude to SO many people. I promised Hank that I'd go off the grid for a few days but here is a photo to whet your appetite for many more beautiful (and some funny) photos to come. The portrait, photographed at the beautiful RiverOaks Charleston by the off the charts talented Marni Rothschild...

Let me know you're out there. I'm updating my blog reading list. I have a lot of catching up to do.


8 comments:

  1. Stunning! Can't way to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read about it! I saw you two in the Lilly store when I was in Charleston, but I wasn't sure! Wish I had spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just lovely! I am still reading. Looking forward to the rest of the story...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I can't wait to hear all about it! I love weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still here. Have always loved your blog and your spirit. Your daughter looks gorgeous - and as someone who planned her own (second) wedding, 2 years ago, let me say that I think you all did a great job with a bouquet that is original and seems to echo the bride's personality. Looking forward to more photos and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm here. Actually, I just returned to blogging myself and it sure feels good to be back at it. Boy, do I remember planning our daughter's wedding! It's hard to believe it's been 5 years!

    Lorelai looks GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see more photos.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy you have returned!! Can't wait to hear all about the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy surprise to see your post! And your daughter is stunning! I hope you post more wedding photos soon! Planning a daughter's wedding is so different than your sons - my daughter got married in 2007 and it consumed us for a year and a half. BOTH my boys are getting married this year, one 3 weeks ago and one in August and it is such a joy to just plan the precelebration and be of assistance to the bride. Congratulations to you on your new son in law!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!