Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bliss...

Bliss: "supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment"
       
Powerful.  Yes?

I have to tell you...on the now rare occasions that our children visit, no matter what is going on, I have moments of absolute bliss.

Lorelai and I went out and about yesterday...shopping, talking.  What a fabulous day we had in our favorite Charleston boutiques...clothes, shoes.  We got home just in time to relax a little before the Clemson/Maryland game.  Hank fried some fish and we "ate good" as my uncle used to say, while watching the game.  HOLY COW...the boys scared us to death for better than half of the game but they brought it home in the end.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the words of Coach Dabo Swinney after the game...


“I love these guys – I’m so proud of them…Matthew 14 says ‘let your light shine’…That’s what I told ‘em, and that’s what they did – like a city on the mountaintop…I can’t wait to get back home to Clemson and celebrate once again…. To come from 18 behind, which I think is the second greatest comeback in the history of the school…that’s about the players…That’s the heart of our football team and the character of our football team and of our staff.”
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hank, Lor, and I were exhausted from the roller coaster ride but happy...you might even say we enjoyed a moment of bliss in that our Clemson Tigers are now 7-0 for the season.

Now I know that a lot of the credit lies with quarterback Tajh Boyd, but at our house we're completely and utterly crushing on #2 Sammy Watkins and #23 Andre' Ellington, a hometown boy.  Sammy is a true freshman and there is already Heisman talk.  WHOO HOO!



Lorelai is getting ready to change from her Lilly to her camouflage and head to the farm with her daddy to sit in a deer stand.  That's our little lowcountry gal (and a daddy who will be supremely happy, especially if she shoots well).

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, what a game! I was emotionally exhausted after that one! :)
    I am loving that Sammy Watkins, seems like such a humble boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though we are die hard Carolina fans, I do love that Dabo! And what a quote...

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!