1. I have a holiday from work tomorrow. First one since school started. Yippee!
2. It's nice and cool here and I'm in an organizing for the holidays frame of mind, much to Hank's dismay. On my day off tomorrow, I plan to run lots of errands, plan menus, and perhaps purchase a few Christmas gifts.
3. My Tigers played STUPID football last night against Georgia Tech. So...we're 8-1...surely not looking at any National Championship. Hopefully the ACC and a decent Bowl game.
4. Tune out now if you don't want to hear me whine for a minute or two. Along with planning for holiday fun, this is also the time of year that Hank and I have to start grappling with how in the world we are going to deal with our mothers. My mother is getting worse by the day. It's getting more and more difficult to be patient and harder to get her out of what I call "a loop"...i.e. when she asks the same question over and over (times 10) in an hour's time. Taking her away from Green Grove makes it worse. Our children drive 3-4 hours one way to get home and they don't want to run the roads when they only have two or three days here. Plus, Hank's mother, you may recall, left Green Grove after six months to go back home so she is 1.5 hours away from us one way while Mother is an hour in the opposite direction. Hank and I feel overwhelmed trying to accommodate everybody.
Last year, we went away for Thanksgiving and had a marvelous time. Just us and the children, while we relied on others to accommodate the little old ladies and Ned. We consequently ran up and down the roads between here and there and there and here over Christmas. I guess I'm selfish but I want one holiday at home. They can all come here...I'll cook and clean and all that...I'm a hard worker. The more the merrier. I love to entertain...especially during the holidays. Here's the dilemma with that. On said holiday morn, one of us has to drive 90 minutes to hometown to get Hank's mother...then 90 minutes back here. Another person has to drive 60 minutes the other way to get Mother and Ned (although he'll probably be here already)...60 minutes back here. THEN, the entire process has to be done AGAIN in the afternoon to take them back. That's what...ten hours of driving all total? Heaven help us...it's frustrating. Very very frustrating. I know...I'm a bad bad person.
5. OK, I'm done whining.
6. Did I mention that I have tomorrow off??? DOUBLE YIPPEE!!!