Saturday, January 11, 2014

Big Talk

I talk a good game, don't I?  Posting everyday, blah blah blah.

I did a good job posting my "thanksfuls" on Facebook. The smartphone is convenient for that. Can't manage a blog on a smartphone...at least I can't.

So...today is a recap of my FB updates since New Year's Day

1.2.14- Tonight...I am thankful for a roaring fire, this cozy quilt (made by my Grandmother Mason and Aunt Zoie some 70+ years ago) and most especially my kind and patient husband. And I DO mean patent!! (I got, let's just say, angry...insanely angry (hormones...I'm going to hang fast to hormones) and was ready to fire off a communication that would have SINGED the eyebrows off of the person for whom it was intended. Hank talked me down...he is a saint.)



1.2.14- Tonight, I am grateful for our children. Legare and Lorelai are the most precious gifts we could have ever been given. We are thankful that they have become such kind, caring, and generous young adults.


1.4.14- It's pretty safe to say that yesterday, I was thankful that the TIGERS won the Orange Bowl, but I was also grateful that we got to have supper and spend some time with our good friend Ted.

1.5.14- Tonight, I am thankful for my neighbors. It was good talking with you this afternoon Dee Dee, even if was just for a little while.

1.6.14- Tonight, we are thankful for our cat Boo. He went on to his great reward today but as cats go, he was a good old fella and kept the critters out of our yard. (Lorelai got Boo when she was in middle school. Poor thing was just too sick and we couldn't let him suffer. This upset Hank the most as he is the one who takes care of the animals on a daily basis.)

1/7/14- No fewer than ten times today, I said to myself, "I am so thankful for this wonderful team of people." Our school staff is in a league of its own. (Although on Friday when I had to lay down the law on a few housekeeping details, they might not have felt the same about me...)

1.8.14- Tonight I'm thankful for wisdom. Both the occasional flashes that I might display...and the wisdom shared with me by others. (I got a very nice response from a fellow who I taught in 11th and 12th grade WAY back 1983-85...my first two years of teaching school. I recall being immature and whiny...he says I was a positive influence. He is very kind.)

1.9.14- So thankful for our "second family" at Second Presbyterian. Come join us.

1.10.14 I am thankful to live in the South Carolina Lowcountry for 100 reasons. #1= GOOD eats around every corner. Tonight...steamed oysters from just up the road a piece. (Below, you will see our oyster eating supplies...got to have Texas Pete, saltine crackers, and your own oyster knives...not sure why the heavy duty gloves from the hardware store aren't in the basket.



1.11.14- Rainy Saturdays make me happy and I'm thankful that I don't have to go anywhere today. We have a very long honey-do list.

You have a wonderful weekend. I've got to get going on MY part of the honey-do list.


3 comments:

  1. I've only been back blogging again myself for a few weeks so I understand what you mean. I'm determined to return, but sometimes the day gets away with me and I realize I never posted anything. Oh well...life is good.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Belle, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are still blogging. I've started back after a 2 year break and so many I followed have vanished. Love your post"

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!