Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall Break and Joy in My Heart

I don't know how to express how joyful my heart feels just now.  Lorelai is home for fall break and since my high school runs somewhat on the college schedule, I also have vacation until next Wednesday.  It didn't get here a moment too soon.  I had to deal with a situation at work on Friday that made my heart very very sad and I'm bone weary...but again, my heart is JOYFUL to the max that I have four days to rest and renew. I just tucked the warm comforter up around Lor's chin before I came downstairs. If that doesn't make a mama feel all warm and fuzzy, I don't know what will.

Lorelai got home about 6 pm yesterday and immediately showered and headed out to her high school alma mater football game.  I was out like a light by 9:30 and Hank made a good attempt at "staying up" until Lor got home, but I'm sure I heard snoring.  Today and tomorrow we are hibernating and on Monday morning, we'll be on King Street the minute the stores open. I'll have lots of photos on Monday night.  The fair is in town, but even though we talk about going to eat fair food, we haven't gone in something like seven years...maybe longer.  Probably won't make it this year either.

Clemson is at Boston College today...kickoff at noon.  LET'S DO IT, TIGERS!

9 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have your baby home for break!
    Have fun shopping til you drop1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. There's little better than sitting next to your grown child and tucking the quilt around their shoulders. Enjoy your time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful break and enjoy your time with your sweet daughter. I hope you make it to the fair!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your weekend and extra couple of work days off.....it always does the heart and soul good, I think, especially with family!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Get off that couch and go to the fair sister! Send me a funnel cake, a red candy apple and some cotton candy via USPS Priority mail too! Just kiddin'! Hope the family enjoys the time together over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful long weekend with your family! And I'm so glad that the break came when it did, sounds like you need it. Have fun shopping and I hope you do get to go the fair. Sometimes it's fun to act like a big ol' kid again. Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you go to Clemson as well? My daughter is hoping to get into CSU which is in Colorado, so that will be a big bonus for the fact that she won't have to pay out of state tuition, she will live sort of close by and she can come home on the weekends if she wants. It's a win, win , win. Can't beat that...unless she gets into A&M, then I will be going to visit her on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are getting that needed break + bonus of having mother/daughter time. Nothing better really. Nothing. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fall break?

    I have never heard of fall break...but it sounds goof to me.


    favorite fair food...deep fried snickers...YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!