- Poor little Lorelai has the flu. She got doctored on today but I'm going up to Clemson in the morning to give her some mommy care. You need your mommy when you have the flu, don't you think?
- Hank's mother likes Green Grove. She told Hank yesterday that she walked to the dining room for supper "with a man on each arm." OH my stars!!
- Valentine's Day is upon us and I haven't put up the first decoration or bought the first card. How did it get to be the middle of February??
- Less than three month's until Legare's graduation from law school.
- I feel old.
- Just a little more than three months until my first year as principal is over. I'm tired.
School Dance...as the dance begins, the principal goes to the microphone and says, "We want you to have a good time tonight but bear this in mind...you must remember to dance with decorum." From the floor a boy yells, "I want to dance with her first...where's Decorum?"
...and so it goes...