It ain't easy being a Southern Belle! You've got to be a "steel magnolia" and the expectations are high. It can be tough to strike a balance between playing the pretty girl and keeping the whole wide world in order. Oh well, somebody has to do it and it might as well be me...Stay tuned...I've got ALL of the answers
1. We just got back from a wonderful weekend with our dear friends Sue and Louis in Jacksonville. Today is Sue's 50th birthday. Louis took Sue, their kids, Hank and me out to The Capital Grille for a delicious dinner on Saturday night. Sunday we took an evening boat ride. I wish I'd had a camera when we walked in their house on Saturday afternoon. Louis kept our visit a secret and Sue was absolutely stunned. Hank did have his iPhone at the ready when she opened her card from her family. For years, she's wanted season's tickets to see her Florida Gator's play. Those are HARD to come by but somehow, Louis managed to make magic happen. Look at her face...priceless.
2. Hank better get busy planning my party for October.
3. Graduation is tomorrow night. In 24 hours, we'll be lining those seniors up and trying to keep them calm as we all prepare to process into the auditorium. YIKES...I need to go pull my gown and M.ED. hood out of the closet and dust them off.
4. Wednesday, June 1....DIET DAY. I have been an absolute slug for exactly 17 months, ever since the night I was hired to be principal. Three years ago I lost 30 pounds in prep for Lorelai's high school graduation and Legare's college graduation. Guess where those 30 pounds are now? Yep...all 30 are showing back up on my scales. I'm not going to go overboard posting about my exercise and eating plan but I AM counting on blog friends to hold me accountable. Does anybody else want to join me in my quest to get fit? Just let me know and I'll feature your progress along with mine. We can share tips, trials, and tribulations.
5. In the spirit of a "last hurrah"....well...I've been eating like a crazy woman this holiday weekend. Wednesday, I'll be going cold turkey. Pray for poor Hank...