Friday, July 6, 2012

Retirement Week #1- Check

We've just completed Week #1 of Hank's retirement. Poor guy, he didn't get much rest as he had to completely empty his mother's house back in Hometown so that a renter could move in. I don't think I've ever seen him so tired. Being the swell guy that he is, he took Tuesday to recover as best he could then got up on Wednesday morning and went to check on Ned and both of our mothers. Yesterday, he ran errands a lot of the day and today...TODAY...he is already outside cleaning up the boat.

The boat is important my friends, while I'm a long way from retirement, as of yesterday at 5 PM, I AM ON VACATION.  WHOOP WHOOP!  For the next nine days, I am going to be the biggest lazy bones that the world every saw. I'm going to eat what I want, watch a lot of movies, read a bunch of books, sleep late and take a lot of naps, read a lot of blogs, and generally NOT do anything that I don't want to do. Hank has the same mindset. There will be nary a lick of work on my part (that would be n/a for Mr. Retirement here).

We are praying for a week of peace and quiet on the "mother" side of things. More later...hope you're getting some peace and quiet yourself!

2 comments:

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!