Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random Thoughts on a Rainy Afternoon

I don't want to go back out into the rain to the school board meeting at 6:30. It's not that I mind the meetings OR the rain independent of each other. I'd just rather not go back out IN the rain.

Ned's housemate Scott has an IPhone and we've been wondering if Ned might like one too. Scott seems to enjoy the applications and uses some of the apps as communication tools as he isn't as verbal as Ned. On the other hand, Ned isn't much into gadgets and I fear that he would just set it aside. I've been trying for the longest to talk him into a digital camera but he always says no. Any thoughts?

I'm a tad bit hungry. We've started a five week "biggest loser" competition at work and are divided into two teams. I can get sucked into a competition in a heartbeat and REALLY want my team to win...(but I'm hungry!!!!)

Roy and I had to have a talk yesterday and for about 15 minutes I really thought he understood that he had been much too hard on me last week. Then he made me doing something called "planks." I'm not sure I like Roy. I had to give him my "look" a time or two...didn't seem to phase him. That look ALWAYS works. ROY ROY ROY...where do you come from that you are immune to the LOOK?

Gotta go put the work clothes back on...at least the rain has let up for a few minutes. Upward and onward!

11 comments:

  1. Ned probably wouldn't like an iPhone, but I bet Legare sure would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your co~workers actiually know how much each other weigh? Ugh!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not fond of the rain either...and really hate to be out in it. Fortunately no plans that had to take me of the house!

    I should be on that weightloss program!!! Maybe on a team I would really commit to losing weight! So far the only "losing" has been the battle to curtail what and how much I eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More than once, I have suggested a weight loss competition to my husband. I quite liked when I would shop for size 32 pants, and not the 38's that he currently wears. Maybe public humiliation will get him motivated. As for me, you could post pics of my cellulite covered thighs, and I still would want to eat, but make it into a competition, and I would want to win.
    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughters both have iPhones and love them! They want me to get one. Good luck with your diet. I lost 20 lbs. last year, but it was the result of job stress. Not the easiest way to lose weight, but at least I have been able to keep it off. I'm with you, I'm sick of all this rain. At least I have been off work this week and have just hibernated in and not had to go out. That has been great!! I have gotten so much done here at home. Hopefully the sun will be out soon. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, that is so funny that you have found the one trainer who can withstand the LOOK! Hmm..doesn't bode well for his future. I am sorry he is so tough on you though. I don't know much about the iPhone, but they do look fun!

    I hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh! planks. not fun. they do work though, i must say. painful but efficient.

    i still don't have an iphone, i am WAY behind the rest of the world...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Planks. Death. The same.

    I love that you gave him the "look" Im working on mine...My Mom has a really great (and by great I mean scary)one. I think it must come with being a Mom :)

    The planks get easier by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What exactly are planks? The only planks I get near are the cedar ones they cook salmon on! I can't believe that Roy is immune to "the look". Perhaps he needs glasses? Or maybe he's from another planet?? One of my friends has an Iphone and he loves it, but he really is a gadget geek and I think he has more fun with the apps than anything. If Ned isn't big on gadgets I don't know how much he would use it. I've considered one, but don't want to have to switch carriers. Hope your next Roy session is a little more pleasant. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah yes, the look. I know it well and use it almost daily.

    Good luck with the competition ~ I'll have an extra snack for you ;)

    Don't know much about Iphones but something tells me Legare would enjoy one ~ it's just a feeling.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE my iphone. My college boys have Blackberry's - do not 'like' iphones for whatever reason.
    Good for you and your weight loss/exercise program - keep up the good work. I have been one year of completely 'clean' eating. No processed carbs or refined sugars. Hard, hard work, but SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!