Thursday, October 1, 2009

Three Quotation Thursday

"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door." - Paul Beatty

Be honest! Who among us wouldn't like to take that giant walking cane and yank a few people off of our "stage" every now and again? Right now and without hesitation, I can think of three people. I don't wish them ill. I just wish they'd go spread their special brands of "joy and sunshine" somewhere else.


===================================================

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'" -- C.S. Lewis

It's kind of amazing when you think about it...the things that bring us together into new friendships.

===================================================

"If you think education is expensive, Try Ignorance!!!"
Andy McIntyre


This is for the people who keep cutting our education budget...another 4% cut just this week. Make a BIGGER investment in education, then your costs for welfare programs and jailhouses will be a lot less. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but what do I know...oh WAIT...I am an educator.

8 comments:

  1. Terrific quotes!! You seem to be spot on as to how they apply to you and your world. I totally agree with the last one.

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote by CS Lewis is so true! I think that's what blogging is all about...putting yourself out there and then realizing you are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote from CS Lewis; in fact, I featured it too, just last week! Amazing insight, yet so simple...how are "things"???? better, I hope!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, I need that cane. There are a few I would yank to Iran- or somewhere less comfortable.
    I meet people sometimes and we just click. Too bad I don't have time for real friendships.
    After interviewing job applicants this week, (for a cook position, but nevertheless)I have realized that the school systems are a fail sometimes. The ones that want to learn are thriving and the ones that don't are not inspired to want to. So they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quotes! They gave me something to grin about. So if we could operate the trap door, it would leave more space for new friends to join us on the stage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks this week, we'll take the CS Lewis if we might, and use it plenty this weekend! (relatives)

    And the budgets here are being stripped, it is unbelievable.

    Hang in there, we're thinking of you,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  7. The friendship quote is my new favorite. I think I will add it to my best friend's birthday card. Now, I just need a gift suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved these, especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!