In addition to becoming a weekend blogger, I find myself developing a love of writing posts in the form of a list. I'm not sure what it says about my mental state that I write random things which I imagine somebody out there might find interesting. For example...
1. What is it with men and DIY projects? Hank is outside in the blistering heat putting stain and sealant on our new deck. If he drops dead of a heat stroke I am going to be MAD!
2. We've had a pool for 12 years or so. I bet I haven't been in it more than 15 times. It was so hot yesterday that I felt no shame whatsoever in putting my chubby and untanned body in said pool. Today is shaping up the same. Why oh WHY did I complain about the cold weather last winter?
3. I think I forgot to mention that Lorelai and I watched Young Victoria last weekend. We liked it a lot and highly recommend that you see it too, particularly if you like period pieces. I didn't realize that Queen Victoria had nine children or that she'd become queen so young.
4. Hank's cousin has moved to the area so we had her over last night for supper. I've been in a cooking mood and we had boiled shrimp, tomato pie, and cucumber salad, with a bourbon banana pudding for dessert. The leftover banana pudding is calling my name right now, hence one of the many reasons for the chubby body referred to in #2.
5. It will soon be time for the beginning of the month of jubilation in celebration of Lorelai's birth (otherwise known as July). She will be 20 on the 26th. I feel that a mother/daughter spa day and afternoon tea are in order.
QUESTION: What's the most special/fun thing you ever did with one of your children for a birthday???
I want lots of answers....what you did might be a better idea than what I'm planning!!! Don't be shy now...