Let's go with a list...
1. Legare got a permanent job offer yesterday. After his May 2011 graduation from UNC School of Law, he will be joining the Charlotte office of a very prestigious Chicago law firm.
2. Lorelai just came of off a week of serving as a junior class student leader for the incoming freshman at Clemson. She was responsible for 25 of them and to quote her on Tuesday afternoon..."they just don't listen..." How did she get to be a junior so FAST!!!
3. Lord love us all...Hank and I are so proud of our children that we don't know what to do. God has truly TRULY blessed us beyond measure.
4. This first week of our new school with our students. I'll tell you more about it later. As life would go, I found myself in the oral surgeon's office at 6:30 AM on Wednesday crying (and I am NOT a crier) because they wanted to do a root canal and I needed to get to school (it was only the 2nd morning for students). I talked them into letting me leave but ONLY if I promised to come back before the weekend. SO...armed with an antibiotic and Lortab, I made it until 2:45 on Friday afternoon when I was forced to return for said root canal.
5. The bright side...they gave me " laughing gas" for the root canal. What a great (really, I'm not being sarcastic here) way to relax after one of the most hectic weeks of my life. I just chilled out in that chair for an hour and a half. I'm smiling...at least with one side of my mouth...just thinking about it. Good memories...GOOD memories...
6. As I said, more on the first week of school later. I think I'm going to take a Lortab induced nap. BUT...nobody quit...there were no disciplinary referrals AT ALL...my staff is the best staff EVER in the history of education...and...I'm going to take that nap now. Oh...there WAS the skateboard incident but MY students were not responsible for that little dust up.