Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Southern Belle Christmas Decorations





Hank helped me get most of the Christmas decorations out on Sunday afternoon. We did two trees this year. One is the children's tree. I've purchased each of our kids a special ornament every year since they were born. I used to put the ornaments all together in a hodgepodge on one tree but decided last year that I wanted a lowcountry-themed tree, hence the new two tree system.

I put the smaller artificial kid's tree in Legare's old wooden-sided radio flyer wagon in the den. Lorelai painted the snowman picture hanging on the side. You'll notice the little embroidered pillow ornament that says, Merry Christmas. When Legare was little, we told him that it said, Don't Touch That Tree. Whenever we had guests who happened to admire the tree, he would run over, point to the ornament and say, DON'T TOUCH THAT TREE! DON'T TOUCH THAT TREE!!! It was pretty cute.



The live tree usually goes in the den but I rearranged furniture recently so we decided to put it in the adjoining sunroom which opens on the other side into the living room. Now that it is decorated, I think that it might be a little overwhelming for the sunroom. Live and learn. I like the lowcountry theme with the little sweetgrass baskets and palmetto roses...the seashell and lowcountry themed ornaments...the blue ribbon for a garland and the seashell star topper. It makes me happy.



I put leftover ornaments on display in a big sweetgrass basket, my carolers on another table in the den, a few nutcrackers on the piano in the living room, and a wreath and another basket of ornaments in the foyer. The stockings are hung but the mantle not "greened" up yet so I'll save those photos for later.


36 comments:

  1. your tree looks AMAZING! LOVE the ornaments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of ornaments you have! And everything is so classic! Merry Sitsmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents do the same thing! For almost 25 years they've picked out a special ornament for each of the kids..very nostalgic ornaments. but about 7 years ago my mom started a coastal tree that is covered in starfish and seashells. I can't wait until I have a family of my own and she gives me all of the really old ornaments. Yours look great! I love the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR DESIGNS!!! They remind me of life by the beach. All that sea life ornaments and sea grass baskets makes me quite nostalgic. You did a great job decorating that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the decorations -- esp. the wagon! Isn't Christmas fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! Our house is a wreck with redoing a room, kinda makes it harder to decorate. BUT, you are inspiring me. I love the beachy tree and the basket with the extra ornaments. hmmmmm, got me thinkin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love, love, love your tree!!! And the tree in the wagon... What a darlin' idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the tree in the wagon! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your trees! Putting your tree in a wagon is the cutest idea. Your low-country tree is breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks darling! I love your two tree option for showing off the family ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tree- nice win against Illinois today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. its gorgeous!!!! I LOVE your low country themed tree!! soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you've got to love Christmas and the decorations that go with it! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your decorations!! That little wagon is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful trees and vignettes, Belle ... and what a cute idea to put the children's tree in the old wagon. I love stuff like that!

    I enjoyed seeing your decorations and will be back to visit again soon.

    Sincerely,

    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! It looks just beautiful, great job!

    I love the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful! My beach tree ornaments (that I hope to post tomorrow) are very similar to yours. Love the blue in the sunroom! I'm tagging you, so if you get a chance later today, stop by my blog & "pick it up!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think everything looks just beautiful. What a
    lovely "lowcountry" tree. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! I love both trees! And I have lots of ornaments I didn't use this year b/c I only put up one tree (since we aren't even going to be home for Christmas). I hadn't thought of using them to decorate elsewhere but I really should pull some out to do that. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! Especially the Christmas tree in the radio flyer...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my! I love, love, love the Tree in the Wagon idea! I have an old radio flyer wagon!!! I am going to copy you but stick it on my front porch!!! Hope that's ok! I love all your ornaments too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am oh sooo jealous. Where in the world did you get the crab ornaments?

    My large tree is done in a lowcountry "nautical" theme full of sea biscuits, sand dollars, crabs, crabs, and more crabs (they suit my personality - crabby old bi*&^h. I took shells we collected from Edisto over the years and made garland - it took lots of fishing line, band-aids and bourbon.

    LOVE your tree. You win the prize this year. You get the best dressed tree so far!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The trees are so pretty. The one in the wagon is adorable. I like to have our main tree in the living room and one in the downstairs family room. You are way ahead of me. I've only gotten a few Christmas items out. I can't seem to get into the spirit.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your by-the-sea themed tree!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love both trees...very clever idea of putting the small one in the wagon. Your entire home looks beautiful! I also love the way you used the extra ornaments as display. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how you do Christmas. Your kid tree is so cute. The basket full of ornaments is a clever idea too. Maybe in years to come I will do that. (right now I think it would last about five minutes. Sticky little fingers around here.)

    Thank you so much for the award. I am honored. I will do a post about it very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just stunnig I love it!! so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love, love, love your lowcountry themed ornaments! Your home looks beautifully decorated! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That wagon tree is soooo cute...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the shell tree topper! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Everything looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!