Saturday, December 20, 2008

Memory Lane

I was looking at some photos this morning and got tickled by the one above. I think Christmas morning was the one and only time that Legare touched that guitar and look at Lorelai with the portable CD player. Just think...we didn't have any idea at that time that we even WANTED Ipods...didn't have a CLUE as to what the next wave of digital technology would bring. (It's kind of scary really)


This would have been Legare's second Christmas. We had a good friend who had a woodworking shop and he and Hank made their sons rocky horses. Legare is holding on for dear life...
I finally found a photo of our visit to the Home Ranch in Colorado...I did a post on it awhile ago. I look like the Michelin Man in all of those snow clothes.

I'd forgotten about this photo of Hank and me. We were getting ready to go to a Christmas party several years ago.

We're headed to the farm this afternoon...deer season is coming to a close and our little crowd has to get in at least one more good hunt before Christmas, then probably just one more before the season ends. I'll take good photos...no hunting for me!

13 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! That rocking horse one is too cute!

    Have fun at the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Christmas memories!

    Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! It's funny that he never played the guitar! Be safe in your travels. To answer you ?, it took me FOR-EV-A to drag out all that stuff, and I'm not looking forward to putting it up - I never do! :O) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always so fun to look back through old photographs! I remember dying to have a Discman! Now it is a dinosaur!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pics! Have fun at the farm. Sounds wonderful.

    Tagged you.
    ~Belle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Belle! I tagged you. Also, commented a bit about your wonderful self!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great family memories. I hope this finds you in a happier state of mind. I'm totally with you on the cattle drive to be merry and cheery with others. I love your words about the hard semester away ~ I got the same line from my son who is now home for the holidays. Please dear child, life away at college hasn't changed all that much since I was there. The only really hard part is having to do your own laundry, and clean your dorm bathroom (I'm not sure that he has actually even done this.

    Relax and enjoy,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I love nostalgic pictures of Christmases past! I could look at them forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there hun! Just a neighbor from GA! Looks like we have some bloggy friends in common, so I thought I'd pop in for a visit. Your blog is lovely!!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT pictures - love love love the rocky horse.

    Have a great Christmas.

    Relax and save up your strength for the bowl game. I know we will be Gator Bowl bound on the 31st.

    HAVE A GREAT ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture of Legare is too precious.
    I think everyone has the family ski suit 1980s/1990s picture. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photo's. You look so familiar I swear I have seen you someplace before. I have no pictures of Christmas past because my mother burned them all one day in a fit of anger. Fortunatly I still have memories in my head. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!