Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Thoughts for Lorelai

Please send up happy thoughts for Lorelai. She is having all four of her wisdom teeth pulled this morning around 10:00 a.m. and she is nervous. She gets it honest. One of my many quirks is an aversion to the dentist’s office, including but not limited dentist office smells, sounds and needles…and blood…and gauze with blood. It is important to note, just in case my dentists are reading this post, that I really do like THEM just fine…they’re two of my favorite people OUTSIDE of their office. I can tolerate them pretty well IN the office as long as they greet me at the door with the laughing gas whenever a needle, drill or pliers is going to be involved. I really really enjoy the gas!

Hank is going to be in charge of the “ick factor” just like he was when Legare got his wisdom teeth out several years ago. I’ll go sit in the waiting room with them until she goes back and he’ll take it from there. He’ll be handling the gauze changing and I'll snuggle up with her on the sofa and fix her yummy soup and pudding and ice cream while we watch our favorite movies. Yes, Hank is a wonderful husband and father, but before you give him all the credit for being brave and me none of the credit, you need to know that HE has always been unable to handle the fallout (or up, as the case may be) from any of the children’s stomach viruses…that “ick factor” was/is mine all mine to deal with. What can I say, we’re each other’s better half.

8 comments:

  1. Definitely sending good thoughts her way!
    I remember getting all four of my wisdom teeth out during Christmas break my freshman year also! I'll be hoping she feels better a lot sooner than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you with Dental offices! They really hate to see me coming. When I was little, the dentist had my mom give me half of a Valium. I have to have gas to clean my teeth. Quite embarrassing!
    My daughter had her wisdom teeth out at the end of the summer and my youngest is getting his out the week after Christmas. There’s nothing like a whopping $4500 for the two of them. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be thinking of Lorelai today. I hate going to the Dentist as well. Have you looked into going to a Dentist that uses a Water Laser? No more drilling sounds or that yucky smell! Works like a charm for me.

    Thanks for your support and comment about Kyla and the Birthday Party exclusion. You are so very right...that Mother is not a Souther Belle. She is a cold-hearted Yankee from NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely send her some happy thoughts! I am too horrified of the dentist to have mine removed since there is only a remote chance that they will ever cause problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts are with her. I hope she has an easy recovery..

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy thoughts shipped and delivered your way! ugh cringe bloody gauze... ugghhh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope it went okay!! Keep us posted :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!