Saturday, December 24, 2011

Counting down...

Hank and I spent some time with Mother and Ned yesterday. Legare stopped at Green Grove on his way home for the holiday weekend and we all went to Dukes BBQ for lunch. We adore Dukes.  

Mother was in rare form. She had her little living room all decorated and we arrived loaded with gifts that she and Ned will open tonight when he spends the night with her. They will enjoy tomorrow with her sister Elizabeth and assorted nieces and nephews, while we entertain "Hank's people" here.

As we were riding to the restaurant, Mother kept telling me to look at the clouds, saying she'd never seen such a beautiful sky in her "whole entire life!!"  After the 4th or 5th time, I said, "Really, in your WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE?  Are you positive??" 

"Well yes," she replied.  "My whole entire life...at least what I can remember of it."

BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!        Mother = 1             Belle = 0

Last night, we went over to visit our friends Tom and Ann and have some dessert.  Ann has not one, but TWO grand pianos.  I don't have but one...BAZINGA!!!!!!!!!!!!   Ann = 2        Belle = 1

We played piano while our families oohed and ahhed over how wonderful we were. Lord love them...they love us!! Smarty pants Legare documented a few seconds of my rendition of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...of course, I'm talking while I'm playing.




FOOD!!!  For Christmas Eve supper, Hank's famous shrimp and grits.

Christmas Day!!   Butternut squash soup, iceberg wedge w/ blue cheese, tomato and bacon, rib roast, roasted potatoes, sauteed brussel sprouts w/ caramelized onions and balsamic vinegar, a vegetable casserole (courtesy of Hank's aunt and uncle who will be joining us, along with Hank's mom and half-brother), hot yeast rolls, fruit cake, pecan pie, and ambrosia.

1 comment:

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!