Thursday, November 12, 2009

Two Things People Asked About and One Miss Priss Story

1. Blood Orange Martini Punch (It's in the 2009 Christmas With Southern Living book, but not called punch. I added the word because I wasn't taking a martini shaker and poured it over ice)

4 cups blood orange juice
2 cups orange flavored vodka
1 cup triple sec (could maybe have used a little less)

Mix it up and drink it up. It is strong but suited me fine when over ice
------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Roy...you can find him at East Shore Fitness in Moncks Corner, SC
------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. After a long long wait...we have a MISS PRISS story. You may remember that Miss Priss is the now five year old kindergarten daughter of my former assistant Lilly, and is quite precocious. The other day, our school district's chief human resources officer was out visiting schools and stuck his head in the door of Miss Priss's classroom. The teacher greeted him and when he turned to leave, Miss Priss said, "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" (like "hoot" without the "h" or the "t"). The teacher pulled Priss aside and asked her why she would do such a thing when they had a guest in the classroom. Priss replied, "Because you're such a great teacher that President Obama came to your classroom!" When Lilly asked later in the day, Priss further explained that "He had on a blue suit and a red tie....I thought he was President Obama!" Mr. Sanders might have a future as a body double for the president.

5 comments:

  1. I left you something over at my blog today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, a recipe to try.

    I think Roy scares me, I will pass - lol!

    Love that Miss Priss story, toooo funnnnnny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made my day! A Miss Priss story, I'm so happy. She is still a hoot, isn't she? I thought of you and the funeral series posts that first drew me to your blog. Listed in our local paper today as one of the Top 10 Bestsellers at Hill Country Books:
    Being Dead is No Excuse: An Official Southern Ladies Guide to Hosting a Perfect Funeral, by Gayden Metcalfe and Charlotte Hays. Is that not the perfect title? I'm still laughing. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious story!! Love it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! I have an award for you, my fellow South Carolinian, over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!