Friday, December 11, 2009

Sweet Sweet Friday and Fiddle Dee Dee

Lorelai is home...her exams are over and she is moved out of her dorm room. Legare has one more law school exam next week and then he will be home with us. I'm sitting here enjoying my clean house and Christmas decorations. One more week of work and then....THEN, my friends, I have two glorious weeks off. Ahhhh...

Whatever will I do with myself? All of the gifts are purchased and wrapped. My Christmas Day menu is planned. Let me think...LET me THINK.

I know...a couple of good books, perhaps a massage, hot chocolate in front of a roaring fire. Maybe I'll pull out the yo yo quilt that I haven't touched in a a year. I believe I'll be able to keep myself entertained without ANY problems.

I've moved my Christmas Day festivities from our house over to Ned's house at Green Grove. I just don't think it's a smart thing to bring mother here given her recent state of mind. I fear that it might cause her to become more upset. Hank, the children and I will take all of the fixin's and Hank's mother and half-brother will join us. Ned will be so proud to be hosting the holiday meal.

Now, my last dilemma is how to make Santa Claus happen. Ned is a BIG believer. I was going to bring him here, but then he and mother don't get to do their traditional Christmas Eve fun...I'm not sure what that is exactly, but she insists that he be nearby.

Oh fiddle dee dee...I'll worry about that tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I loved nothing more than coming home from Lubbock to Fort Worth for the holidays, where I resorted back to acting like a 10 year old, all cozy and snug with my mom and daddy. Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

    Love that Ned is going to be the host, please take tons of pictures. And I love that he still believes in Santa. I love Ned.

    Keep us posted. And yes, you definetely need a massage, facial, mani and pedi. The works!! Can I join you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are at a nice place - presents purchased, menu planned, house clean and decorations done!!!
    Hope it all goes smoothly and everyone enjoys the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful time. How do you pronounce your son's name by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you all have a very happy time with plenty of relaxing and memorable moments.

    i just love this season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so smart in dealing with your mother. having Ned host is brilliant. Please, please send me a drop of your wisdom. When faced with a choice, I always go for the wrong pick, when dealing with family.

    Since you have Christmas down, what about New Year? I quite enjoy reading all about your life.

    Oh, and one more thing. Please position yourself near the Chambord bottles when you are shopping. I have treasured last year's tale, and think of it often. I know, I know, I am weird, Belle, but that story still makes me laugh aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot chocolate is divine. I forgot all about it!!! Telling hubby to pick some up!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!