Friday, January 1, 2010

Life is Good!

The bloody mary's, Dukes BBQ, hoppin' john, collard greens, macaroni pie, corn casserole, slaw, deviled eggs, sweet tea, coffee, and caramel pecan pie have been consumed. Our guest has gone home...Hank is asleep on the floor in front of the fire...Lorelai has gone upstairs for a nap, and I'm lounging here on the sofa snug as a bug under an old quilt corresponding with you. Life is good!

Tomorrow, we are hosting Lorelai's friends over at the farm for a day of four wheeling through the woods. Four wheeling for THEM...I will be chief cook and bottle washer and Hank will probably ride around on his tractor. He loves that tractor. Ned will likely come over for awhile too.

I don't know WHEN I've felt so lazy as I do this afternoon but I've decided to give in to it. After all, I'm back to work bright and early on Monday morning. I do; however, love new beginnings (as opposed to OLD beginnings?????) and I'm excited about 2010. For one thing it's more fun and efficient to say "twenty ten" than to say "two thousand nine." Of course, quite a few people around these parts are confused and keep saying, "twenty o'ten."

Okey dokey then...it's nap time.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect beginning to the new year! I'm trying to get our home organzied before heading back to the classroom ~ not as much fun as you're having I'm afraid.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect way to start the new year....

    Happy New Year! Blessings!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twenty O'ten! That's hysterical!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 20 o' 10 is great! Too cute! Sometimes we are just to rest! Hope it was a good one, enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read your post about the purdy bottle~TOO FUNNY! I didn't check out where you live but I'm picturing down south...Love the way some southerners talk and those that say exactly what's on their minds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great. We just got back from our annual New Years Day in the mountains. We went with our life long friends and their children and had a wonderful day of sledding and roasting hot dogs on a camp fire.Good times...good times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you wishes for a simply wonderful New Year Miss Beele, may it be filled with live and laughter for you and Hank, Ned, your mother, Legare and Lorelai!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hoppin john!!!! now I am craving it!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect way to start the new year....


    Make website india

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a perfect day to me. And a perfect menu, too! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the kids having fun on the farm, especially the skeet shooting. Cait's BF's family took her to a shooting range the day after Christmas and she had a blast! And she did really well, which bodes well for her authority in the classroom lol. Have a wonderful weekend. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been having a few too many lazy days around here with this bum hand of mine after the fall I took on Christmas day. It sounds like you enjoyed a well deserved nap on the sofa.
    Hope you are enjoying your new beginnings. Happy "twenty ten". That does sound much better than "two thousand and nine". I agree with you ;)
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like Heaven on earth. Here is to one fabulous 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love doing nothing when we go to our "farm." It's a great way to reconnect with yourself. Even the cell phones don't work there. Nice

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Duke's is THE BEST! Hands down!! I love it and miss it so as I am an Army wife and find myself in places like TX where they think they know what BBQ is.

    I will be coming home to Lebanon in February and can't wait for Duke's!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy twenty ten yourself~ I do love saying it that way :)

    New beginnings are happy for me too. It's good to say goodbye to the many challenges of 2009!

    That list of food at the top made me drool. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!