Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Mysterious News

Last week, I interviewed for a new position within our organization. Even though I love the role I'm in, this was an opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. I was thrilled when I got a callback for Monday afternoon. Tonight, I was recommended to the school board and officially hired. Life is about to get VERY interesting and longer hours will become part of my routine starting now! My office will eventually move to a different location which means that the people I interact with on a daily basis (some for many years now) will be different. I'm going to miss a lot of people, but look forward to making new friends too.

Having said all that, I am flattered to have been chosen and BEYOND excited. I'll be able to hire a team of people and we'll work together to create something wonderful. I know I'm being vague but as an educator, I'm not comfortable putting too many details about my job on the old blog. If you want to know more just send me an e-mail (that I can reply to) and I'll tell you more about it one-on-one.

Whew...it had been a long time since I'd applied for a new job and the process was exhausting. Hank just looked at me and asked, "Aren't you happy?" My reply was, "Of course, I'm thrilled... but I'm also STUNNED!!! It's going to take awhile to sink in...

They liked me....they REALLY LIKED ME!!!

27 comments:

  1. Great job - sounds like you really worked to deserve this position!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Can't wait to learn the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh congrats on your success!! you should not be so surprised!! ;)


    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! So happy for you and your new position! I hope it brings you much happiness but also makes ya grow...education sometimes tends to try and make us "stale"...
    I know! I made a MAJOR move 2 years ago and couldn't be happier. Work it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations sweet friend!

    I know you're busy busy, but I'd love to know more when you have the time.

    I'm thrilled for you.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so thrilled to hear your news. I would love to hear more about your job. I wish you all the best in your new position. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thrilled for you! Way to go and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! I know you deserve it and will make a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, Belle! I know you will do a FABULOUS job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new position! I am sure they were "wowed" by you!
    Can't wait to hear about it when we get together for our lunch one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well...why wouldn't they like you? Of course they do. I don't even know you and I like you. A new job that you are excited about is always good news.
    By the way....where does one find the prints that your daughter and son are displaying (Keep calm and carry on, etc...)?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Sounds like you are about to start a very exciting adventure.

    Of course they like you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Of course they liked you, what's not to like? Sounds like you are in for an interesting journey! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. How could anyone not like you? I am so proud of you.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Miss Belle, this is such fun news! I know you will be fabulous, but send good luck sentiments and a hug your way. You are so talented, this is well-deserved.

    You are such a star!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! It feels good to be liked! huh? I am glad that you are excited and stunned about the journey you are about to embark on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!! That is such wonderful news! You'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to you! What wonderful news... it's always so nice to know "they like me!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! Sounds like you are about to start a very exciting adventure.

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! Of course they liked you. You come across as a sweet, smart, and sexy (I need another S word!)woman just through words, so in person you must be even more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! I want to know what you're doing... :) I hope it's rewarding and worthy of your time and talents! I am sure it will be. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel bad that I have been out of it long enough to have missed this amazing news. Congrats. This is awesome.

    Looking forward to hearing all about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!