Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh the best laid plans...

I've been a poster girl for doing all the right things to keep from getting sick or spreading germs. Sneezing into my elbow, washing my hands ALL the time...I wasn't supposed to get sick. I ignored the slight sore throat and little twinges in my ears for two days. I even got up this morning and went to work (after which I promptly called and made an appointment with the doctor). I was NOT supposed to get sick...

But I am...Not the flu, but an awful ear infection and probably strep throat. After looking in my ears, the doctor decided to forego the strep test since the treatment would be the same as for the ears. Considering the swabbing for the flu test, I was just as happy not to have them do the swabbing of the sore throat.

My hair hurts...

11 comments:

  1. Sorry you are sick and I hope you feel better soon. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats, that sucks!
    Popsicles and Advil for you missy!
    And bleach or throw away that toothbrush every day.
    My son has strep at least 3 times a year.
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you're sick! Popsicles are my treatment of choice for strep. That and gargling with warm salt water - I know, I know, but it really does help! Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs, Kathy (I'm sorry but my hair hurts just made me smile, I know exactly what you mean!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no, that is so painful.

    I do hope you feel better very soon!

    Saying a prayer...

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, I'm so sorry! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please take it easy and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Belle- being sick is the absolute worst! I hope you feel better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so sorry! Feel better soon - real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best laid plan... : ) Take care and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better soon - and I know exactly what "my hair hurts" feels like!

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!