Monday, January 11, 2010

There Will Be No Mocking Today!

We're proud! Hank and I got in our closet room on Saturday morning and did what we had to do. While he tackled the baseboards, inside of the windows, floor, and ceiling fan. I went though boxes, and bags, and clothes baskets and ALL manner of junk that had found its way in there over the past couple of years. The chair is going to consignment.


When we built our house, we took some space out of this fourth bedroom so that our master bath could be larger. We then used the room as the nursery and a playroom. When Legare and Lorelai to all grown up, we decided to turn it into a big closet...somewhere for extra clothes, shoes, bags, the ironing board, and so forth. We didn't plan on a bunch of junk too, but OH well!

We ended up with bags and BAGS for trash, recycling, Goodwill, and the Treasure Barn, our favorite consignment shop, which is located out in one of the more rural areas of our county in an old store.


PLUS, we ended up with another "to do" list, but shoot, I always have one. We still need to repaint and replace the sad looking curtains I grabbed in a hurry one hot summer day as the sun was beating in and making our upstairs into a sauna. The windows also need to be cleaned on the outside, but that is DEFINITELY a job for a warm spring day. And the lamp needs a new shade.

Now...what to tackle NEXT weekend??? I'm thinking the master bedroom and bath...

17 comments:

  1. What a luxury to have such a room for all the necessary, but extra things. I looks just wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so impressive. I am feeling inspired to tackle our "junk closet" that was never intended to be for junk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that feeling of accomplishment! Way to go! What a great idea to make a closet room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No mockery from me then! I did a little creative cleaning this weekend too! I'll wait to share it though!

    Lucky y'all to have an extra room for storage and such!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo Girl! Just look at that room. It's the poster child for organization. I know what you mean about the upstairs turning into a sauna. I've heard that windows make a big difference. We plan on replacing the upstairs windows this summer. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful and you must feel great about getting rid of all that extra "stuff". Helps me get motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo-Hoo! You GO ON girl! Looks like y'all had success! I am proud of you and am looking forward to my weekend coming up for de-cluttering our master bedroom and bathroom! Ugh is all I'm gonna say!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! My to-do lists never seem to ever get smaller. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for you! Reward yourself! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Send some of your motivation to the Upstate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you! Yep, next weekend is our master bedroom/bath/closet purge. I am so NOT looking forward to this, but it would be nice to find my shoes without digging lol. Big pat on the back from Texas. Amazing how the fear of mockery can be so motivational lol. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the framed poster. Having bits of the past, especially reminders of our children, make life joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad I'm not the only one who uses a spare bedroom as a closet. I'm showing this to the dear hubby for proof...

    ReplyDelete
  14. YEAH!!! Looks fabulous. Isn't it such a good feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sooo jealous. If only I had a closet room instead of a "shotgun style" walk-in. I am envious of the closet room plus your organizational skills!!!!

    Do I see a fellow shoe lover?

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, wow, wow!!! It looks awesome.

    I am flying you our to sunny southern california tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't you love it when you go through a room and clean everything and get rid of stuff you no longer use?

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!