- First and foremost, we'll meet at a restaurant so that we can eat, drink, and be merry while we discuss the book of the month.
- In the event that a book club member would like to host in their home, that is perfectly fine; however, nobody should ever feel put upon to host.
- Any member who doesn't attend a meeting can expect to be talked about by the other members of the group. We made an exception last night for the one member who wasn't there since we only made up the rule last night after cocktails and he didn't have proper notification that he would be talked about. (Now you know, buddy...now you know.)
- We'll rotate the task of choosing the next book and will discuss where we'll hold our next meeting before we leave the current month's meeting.
- If a member drops out, the remaining members all have to agree on who to invite to take said member's place.
- As part of the book discussion, each member will highlight their favorite passage and read it out loud to the group WITH FEELING!!
- We'll make up additional rules as we feel the urge to do so.
REVIEW of the restaurant, Med Bistro...Good. I had a nice salad and brown butter seared scallops with risotto and brussel sprouts. We liked the atmosphere for our purposes. Ordinarily, it would have been a little loud for me but it was a perfect setting for our enthusiastic discussion.
Next month's read is
Next month's restaurant...Bowen's Island.