Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lost



We have a recurring problem in our house. We become obsessed with things...television shows mostly. We stay so busy that we record shows and movies on the DVR and then watch them a day or two later, skipping the commercials. We are still mourning the loss of West Wing and The Sopranos. If I ever need a lawyer I want Alan Shore from Boston Legal and if he needs a special investigator he can call Monk or Shawn and Gus from Psych. I want my next door neighbors to be the Gilmore Girls and the main street in our town to look like Stars Hollow. I want to go Dancing with the Stars with Max as my partner and take Paula Abdul's place as the middle judge on American Idol. I need Bree from Desperate Housewives to help me organize my home and I want to drink coffee in Nora's kitchen on Brothers and Sisters.

Sometimes, though, because we're so busy, we miss out on a really good series until a year or two (or three) after it has started. You should have seen us trying to catch up on two year's worth of The Sopranos. Then there was Deadwood and right behind that came Rome.

About a month ago, I kind of randomly put the first season of Lost in my Netflix queue. OH my goodness...Hank and I are hooked. Last night I was so tired that my eyes were rolling back in my head as we finished the first season and tried to get through the beginning of the second season. Jack, Kate, Hurley, John Locke, Claire and her precious little baby boy...then there's Charlie, Michael and Walt, Sayid...even Sawyer...they are now my friends and they're LOST! (I know I sound crazy...believe me...I know!) I'm having to force myself to stay off of the website so that I don't ruin the surprises to come.

Any other fans out there?

8 comments:

  1. Yes - I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED The West Wing and still can't believe they took that brilliant show off the air - I miss that show. And -- I'm a LOST addict - I love it! So glad you got into LOST - it is such a good show!

    Take care - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of my friends are obsessed with Lost but I have been kind of anti-Lost since I don't have a DVR or Netflix membership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife and I have watched every LOST episode from the very beginning. It has been a remarkable journey on one of the smartest tv shows ever made. Glad you are catching up on it. You won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happened to me and my husband two summers ago. We rented season 1 & 2 in the summer, and we were hooked. Its definitely addicting but good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is one of your older posts but I just had to say, I love Lost. I actually lost touch with it this season because it is on so late at night. So I am waiting for Netflix to come out too. I can't wait to see how it ends. Love it.


    BTW, I love your blog. You have a great style of writing and a new perspective for this northerner. I will be back to visit you again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to watch it, then lost interest. We're in the middle of Season 2 now...and don't you just love Hurley? He's got such a tender heart.

    And yes, I am a huge 24 fan - Kiefer Sutherland! Although last season was a real disappointment. Eureka anyone? NCIS (is Mark Harmon aging well or what?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I am stopping by your blog for the first time... we are OBSESSED with LOST! How is your watching going? We also got into Heroes recently... since Netflix has it on there... don't love it AS much but it's good!
    I feel like the LOST people are my family..haha...so I relate! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Stopping by your blog for the 1st time! As you can tell from my screenname, we are obsessed with Lost in this household! :) It's so great...I feel like they are my family members. (Haha) So you're not alone, my friend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!