Monday, November 24, 2008

I know it SOUNDS like I'm complaining BUT....

Hank and I spent Sunday getting my brother Ned ready for a colonoscopy this morning (Monday). Ned is very brave and everything turned out alright, but he did NOT like having to drink the gallon of liquid required to flush out one's system. It took a lot of encouragement and flat out bribery to get it all down the hatch.

My mother, who with a little medicinal help to calm herself down elected to stay home this morning, had two really bad weeks leading up to Ned's tests today. Anxiety causes her dementia to spiral out of control and she called us six or seven times a day over the past ten days... sometimes happy about the tests, sometimes crying/scared, and sometimes furious with us "for doing this to her child because he doesn't really know us...we don't really know him...we don't really know anything about them."

Did you know that the word "screeched" is the longest one syllable word in the English language?

That's all I have to say about that!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds like you had a tough couple of days! Hope the rest of the week (yay!--3 day work week) gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, honey, you're a good daughter/sister and your hubby sounds like he's a good bro-in-law/son in law! so good for y'all!

    congrats to clemson this past weekend! please do kick some gamecock hiney this week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Im so glad everything turned out okay with the colonoscopy though!!

    And you know what...sometimes you just need to complain. I know this well..hence my own post today.

    I hope you have a good week friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all goes well with the tests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad it is over with for your sake and Neds.


    I did not know that.


    Thanks for the review on Rhett Butler's Family. I will probably read it anyway. Even after your luke warm sentiment. I really liked his character in GWTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whew! I know you are glad that is behind you . . .no pun intended ;)

    May today be great!

    I noticed the mention of Rhett Butler's People - I enjoyed that book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ned is so very lucky to have you and your husband. It can't be easy.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!