Sunday, August 24, 2008

And the next Life of a Southern Belle Award goes to...

Petunia in Paradise!!! It was her post "i heart" and these lines in particular that put her over the top..."I 'heart' this handbag which just arrived at Gucci this week. And just left Gucci this week. In my car." If those aren't southern belle words than I'll hush my mouth.

Petunia is a class act...a preppy wife and mother who loves living in the south, shopping, decorating, and just plain old enjoying life. We have a fair amount in common, including but not limited to a love for the movie The Big Chill and Lilly Pulitzer.

Jump on over there to say congratulations and see what is happening in Petunia's world. You won't be disappointed.
--------------------------------------------------------------

A few friends have asked how this award is given...For those of you who aren't familiar with the award, sometimes I read things that just inspire me or tickle me to no end and I say to myself....now that gal is a Southern Belle. Southern Belleness transcends geography....it is a philosophy...a state of mind...style and substance...wit and charm...joy and sunshine...grit and determination...love...respect, and so much more. The standards for receiving the award are high indeed. I kind of just have an epiphany when the time is right based on reading the magic words or seeing the magic photos.

Congratulations Petunia...




2 comments:

  1. Belle,
    Thank you so much! That is the sweetest thing! You made my day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you'll get an award in return.I have two awards for you. Please come get it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!