Sunday, August 3, 2008

UHaul...Apartment...Heavy Lifting...Shopping...More Heavy Lifting...

Historic UNC
Whew...Hank and I are back. Legare is happily situated in his new apartment with everything he needs but cable, internet, and a mattress. The cable and internet will be taken care of in the morning and the mattress will be in stock and delivered on Wednesday morning. The mattress store must have been having a slow day because when I declared in typical fashion..."this will not DO...he HAS to have something to sleep on besides an air mattress before THEN!" The little salesman hopped to it and gave us a twin mattress for him to sleep on in the meantime.

Chapel Hill seems to be a very nice place to live. We stayed at The Carolina Inn on the UNC campus...it's about time for them to do a little face lift in the rooms, but it's just so charming that we've always stayed there when in the area.















We located a very nice shopping area...Southpoint...and were able to purchased all of the things we didn't take. I came across a store not far from Legare's apartment that I can't believe I've never heard of...A Southern Season...it is MECCA!
Here are a few photos of his room in progress. One of the roommates is bringing the living room furniture so there isn't much to see just now except for his room, sans mattress. Things are still a little cluttered as you can tell, but it'll get there.
I don't think he really wanted to take the Wildlife Expo print of the puppies from back in the 80's but it was one of the first things we purchased for his "big boy" room when he graduated from a crib. I kind of insisted!

I found the neatest wall hanging at A Southern Season. It's a scene from a North Carolina vs Duke game back in the 1930's. Naturally, UNC won. Thanks so much for all of the words of encouragement I've received as we've prepared for the move.

Like I said before...it's bittersweet!


Finally, one photo of the law school building where Legare will be spending the next three years of his life and one of him humoring his mother standing outside of his new apartment. NOW, we're on the two week countdown for Lorelai's move to Clemson. Like I said at the beginning of this post...WHEW!!!

8 comments:

  1. What a great apartment - it looks so wonderful. You did a great job with your choices and I'm sure he is very happy with his new place. You have your hands full. Congratulations on your children - you should be very proud, as I am sure you are!

    Take care and see you soon - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by my blog. :-)

    Very nice apartment !!!

    It's always hard when your little birds fly the nest. It's not only a new chapter in their life, but also in yours. It sounds as though you have raised some goodkids. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had a nice little trip to "tarheel heaven!"

    and i agree to your comment whole heartedly, pluff mud and salt water can cure what ails you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That apartment looks awesome. Looks like you have done a great job raising your kids. I love their names too....how do you pronounce Legare? Seeing Lorelai's name makes me want to pull out my Gilmore Girls DVDs.

    I read through some of your posts and I'd like to come right out and say I'm a diehard LOST fan!!! The 3rd season gets a little slow, but hang in there because it gets PHENOMENAL!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great apartment. Good for you to make sure Legare had more than just an air-mat! I am sure he loves everything you have done for him....even the puppies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard Chapel Hill is a really great place to live! Looks lovely to me.

    Thanks for leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Durham and went to school at UNC - you'll have to come visit him as much as possible just so you can go to A Southern Season - it really is a fabulous store - and beautiful at Christmas. The Weathervane Cafe there is great too. Also, The Franklin Hotel is a brand new hotel in Chapel Hill on Franklin Street you may want to check out as well - I haven't stayed there yet, but I've heard a lot of great things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Durham and went to school at UNC - you'll have to come visit him as much as possible just so you can go to A Southern Season - it really is a fabulous store - and beautiful at Christmas. The Weathervane Cafe there is great too. Also, The Franklin Hotel is a brand new hotel in Chapel Hill on Franklin Street you may want to check out as well - I haven't stayed there yet, but I've heard a lot of great things!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!