Saturday, August 16, 2008

Moving Day...Mission Accomplished

Oh, Hank and I did so well. We didn't cry or anything. Everybody was calm and collected. Lorelai was just SO happy and everything went smoothly. We're 'bout exhausted but a good night's sleep in our own bed will do the trick. One of Lor's best friends, Lane (yes indeedy, another Gilmore Girls reference) moved up today also and I think the girls and both sets of parents have a better sense of well-being knowing they can rely on each other if they need to. The only downside was the SEVEN flights of stairs. The elevators were for the big things and the line was forever and a day long. At least it wasn't so terribly hot. I've made an attempt at a slide show...hope it works...

11 comments:

  1. Cute slide show!
    I dread the day I have to bring my daughter to college and leave her there! I guess I have lots of time to get mentally prepared for that!
    Glad the move went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything went so smoothly. Great slide show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell her that her room is way too cute. Congrats on not being a big ball of nerves like most parents on move-in day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad all went well - I know only too well how hard it is to let them go (especially the 1st!). Love all the fun, pink & green, touches in your daughter's dorm room - SO much nicer than the boys rooms that I have had to help with!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her room looks cute! I spent many a weekend in those dorms!
    I don't remember if you said, is she going through Rush?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great pics. It looks like a fun time was had by all! Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the Upstate! My daughter whose all of 6 already says she is going to be a Clemson girl, but I'm trying to talk her into C of C!! Tell her to enjoy a sandwich at Pot Belly Deli--yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved those pictures! That was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun time of life. I'm very jealous of her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are great pics!!! I love her room. It look like she's in Lever Hall. That was where I was my freshman year. It's the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for giving me the girly college pictures!!!! Looks like she is so excited : )

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!