Thursday, August 21, 2008

Quotations this Southern Belle Favors...Share One, Why Don'tcha

Let's call this "Three Quotation Thursday"

Do you agree with my observations (in italics)? How about share one of your favorites with me...Please!!

"South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for a lunatic asylum."-J.L. Petigru (I've lived here all my life...explains a lot, huh?)

“I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.”-David Sedaris
(We can dream, can't we? Isn't there at least ONE person out there you'd change if you could?)

"My theory is that if you look confident you can pull off anything - even if you have no clue what you're doing." -Jessica Alba
(Now I've never though of Jessica Alba as a great thinker BUT I think she has a point.)

I'm looking forward to lots of comments!!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica Alba as a great thinker... that made me laugh out loud. I dont have any famous quotes, but I do like it when my grandma says, "You've got the same shoes to get happy in." Makes sense to me.

    And by the way... Kevin Spacey's bad southern accent REALLY makes me mad. Almost as mad as I was at Nicole Kidman's horrible version in Cold Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got one and this has become my favorite made-up cliche': Blogging is like wine, the longer you let it ferment, the better tasting it becomes...do you agree?

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!