Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm not THAT old!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a "crick" in my neck so I visited the chiropractor earlier this week. While there, I made an appointment to see the massage therapist for this afternoon. I put the appointment into my Blackberry calendar while standing there and headed back to work (incidentally, probably the reason that I have a pain in my neck).

I returned today for the lovely massage and once again, took out my Blackberry to see when I could schedule again for next week. The therapist, a couple of years older than me said, "You really impressed Susie (the receptionist) the other day. She said she'd never seen somebody so old using a Blackberry."

What ROCK has Susie been living under? I know lots of old people who use Blackberries...I'm just NOT one of them.

4 comments:

  1. Rofl...love your blog...first time here....uhhh I don't have a blackberry..and UHHH I don't even have a cell phone. I am old-fashion. I made coconut cake last week. Got the recipe from the whistle stop cafe cookbook. It was yummmmmmy. I will be back to visit. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. She should have said Mrs. or Ms. Jones (assuming of course that your name is Jones which I am willing to bet it isn't.) if she wanted to be personal.
    This is one part of parenting that my husband and I disagree about. I believe we should lean toward formality with people we don't know well. He doesn't care if our kids call everyone by thier first name. I just think it is a sign of respect to call people by thier last name. He disagrees.

    I would love to follow you. How do I get started?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have a lovely little comeback prepared for the next time I saw Impressed Susie. Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was growing up, I'd call my friend's parents Miss Debbie and Mr Rick, but that was informal as it got. It's strange going home now and being on first names with people who were Mr. Jones growing up

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!