Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Future Career in the US Armed Forces

Still trying to make Hank comfortable. He was supposed to be going out of town today for a few days on business but has had to cancel. I picked up some plain old chicken noodle soup this morning and some apple juice to make up for the orange juice incident from yesterday afternoon.

As he walked in the kitchen just a few minutes ago to get his soup and crackers, I asked, "Have you taken all of your medicine?" To which he replied, "You are like an ARMY DRILL SERGEANT! Dang! It's like you can't wait for me to get well!!"

Well DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In his defense, he quickly realized how monumentally stupid the second remark was. But he isn't backing down from the army drill sergeant thing.

Apparently, I do have the drill sergeant knack. Shortly after we got married, Hank had to have all of his wisdom teeth out. When we got home, he was still feeling mighty fine from the anesthesia and would NOT lie down. I fussed and he finally agreed to recline on the sofa. As I walked out of the room I heard him say, "The nurse was really nice and she smelled good. You're MEAN!


All together now, "Ma'am, yes ma'am, Sergeant Belle, MA'AM!"

10 comments:

  1. He doesn't even know how good he has it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how funny this is to me - my nickname in our family, extended family included, is "Sarge". I'm saluting as I type! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ma'am!

    I do hope he feels well and I do feel bad about laughing, but his is just a funny post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Is that picture of Gomer Pyle?? I haven't seen that or even thought of it in years and years. :)

    On the other hand, sorry things have been yucky for your home. I hope your husband starts to feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go get him tiger!
    Oh, that was funny. Clemson Tigers? Ha ha
    Hope he feels well soon, the house needs painting....or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every wife/mother has a little bit of drill sergeant in her! It's in our genes!

    Hope hubby feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every where I go today there are sick people. I feel like I should rub hand sanitizer on my monitor.

    Hope he is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sergeant Belle has a nice ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does have a nice ring! :) I think sometimes the men need the "tough love"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely turn into a sergeant when my husband is ill... I want him well and FAST! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!