Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve

The fresh cranberry relish is cooling on the kitchen counter.  The black walnut apple cake just went in the oven.  I'm drinking my second cup of D&D Manhattan Blend.  Lorelai made it home safely. Legare is going to collect Mother and Ned late this afternoon on his way down from Charlotte.  It's a bit dreary outside...a bit warm and muggy, but tomorrow is supposed to be nice and clear and cool.  I really don't mind a dreary day when I don't have to go anywhere.  And today....TODAY...I do NOT have to go anywhere.  I believe I hear a third cup of coffee calling my name...

5 comments:

  1. Well I sure wish I had a piece of that walnut cake. YUM!! Best Thanksgiving Wishes from My Blog to Yours. Richard from My Old Historic House. Happy!Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break! From our home to yours Happy Thanksgiving. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful place to be! Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family!

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed my day off too! Just finished baking umpteen pies and now just have to make the cranberry salad and throw a few casseroles together to be baked tomorrow. Everything will be packed up to head South bright and early in the morning.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping to put my feet up today and relax too! Sounds like you're all snuggled in!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!