Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Week the Kids Came Back...Football Season

Lawsamercy! The students arrived back at school bright and early last Monday morning. I spent 54 hours in the building proper, then another nine or so working early and/or late at home. My feet tell me that 90% of those hours were spent walking around. I need to get on the scale and see if I've lost any weight!

All in all, it was a very VERY good week. Normal glitches but nothing catastrophic. A few parent conferences already. Rules are rules and Mrs. Southern does NOT play!

Saving grace...as a magnet high school, we do not have an athletic program.While my colleagues were sweating it out on football fields last night, I got to be at home with my feet propped up. Nice!

Today, Hank and I are inventorying our tailgate supplies and are about to head of to pick up our season's supply of non-perishable items. Aw, who am I kidding...no way we'll make it through the season. Maybe through September.

The first Clemson game of the season is on the road at Auburn. Ned will be here with us for Labor Day weekend and we'll tailgate in the backyard (or kitchen, depending on the humidity), hunker down in front of the TV and hope for the best. My man Sammy Watkins is suspended for two games. He made a BAD bad decision back in the spring. He is being punished and we shall not ever speak of it again.

As we start to get into the spirit of the season, a few photos from seasons gone by... (Edit...tried anyhow...blogger is not being cooperative w/ picture uploads just now!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!