Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blissful Escape

I am enjoying two BLISSFUL weeks away from the office. Not doing anything special...more of a "staycation" if you will. When I go back to work on July 13, I'll be in a new office...well not NEW new...it's an old building...but new to me. Bigger, with four real walls AND a door. I'll also have a new boss...a wonderful good old southern gal who I've known and worked with for many moons. Best Boss in the World will still be in the picture but I'll report directly to Southern Gal. I also will have a new secretary...the fabulous Miss Evette, who is the sweetest lady EVER.

I'm puttering around the house, watching some television (the DVR was at 97% capacity), going through some of the things we've brought from mother's house...nothing brain draining AT ALL!

OH...Ned's first new housemate moved in last week. His name is Scott and so far, so good, thank the GOOD Lord!! Scott isn't as verbal as Ned, but Miss Vernelle (the housemother, sort of) reports that they are getting along very well. Mr. Herman took them to the Watermelon Festival back in our hometown on Saturday and I think Ned might have gotten a little homesick, but he wanted to go worse than ANYTHING. I'll have to ride over there one afternoon later this week to check things out for myself...maybe take Ned and mother up to Columbia to do a little clothes shopping. I've taken her 14 pairs of shoes to try and NONE have suited.

BIG NEWS...Clemson approved Lorelai's change of major request, so she is now officially an Early Childhood Education major. I'm so proud of her!! She is going to be a wonderful teacher and/or guidance counselor. That's my girl!!

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time away from work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the Watermelon Festival! One of my best friends went to that this weekend- her family and her husband's family lives down in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time off... I am doing the same "staycation" all next week. I have a whole list of things to do around my house + a little fun thrown in here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds lovely enjoy your time off! And yay for Lorelai's change of major!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! 2 weeks off! Enjoy girl. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea for Lorelai! That is my hope, to be a guidance counselor. Good for her.

    And good for YOU to have a week of nothin', that is the best.

    Please go see Ned, I love Ned stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like good news all the away around! Enjoy your time away...as a teacher I certainly cherish my summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your lazy time! So good to hear that things are working out well with Ned's housemate. And congratulations Lorelai! With teachers like Lorelai and Cait coming up, I have hope for the future yet! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. 14 pairs of shoes! I know, I know, I am not supposed to laugh, but it is funny from the other side. Here's to pair number 15 being the winner.

    Enjoy your time away from work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much good news!

    Yeah!!!

    Enjoy your staycation. Hope you will arrive to your new office renewed yourself :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!