Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ahhh.....

Ahhh...that is me releasing a heavy sigh because for the first time in WEEKS, I have a day with absolutely nothing to do but what I WANT to do. The wedding season and graduation season and "oh my gosh I have to open a new school in two months season" and (get this!) "REALLY doctor's office? I've been walking around with STREP throat but you don't call me for a WEEK after I came to your office and you told me there was nothing wrong with me but now you say the test came back positive and I need an antibiotic" season. (Good thing I didn't believe you and only waited FIVE days to drag myself to a different doctor.) Anyhow, HAPPY DAY!!

I bought myself this for Mother's Day but haven't had time to figure it out until this morning. I played around with it last night and took a couple of photos outside. Even without reading the camera guide, I can already tell you that I've never had a camera that took such good photos in the dead of night. (Seriously, it was almost 11PM by the time we finished supper and went outside for a little splash of dessert wine. There is one obvious problem, though....the reflection from the solar landscape lights put off an odd "ribbon" of light...one across the face of the guy on the left and a lighter one to the left behind Legare. Anybody know what to do about that??


Legare is home and brought two friends who wanted to visit Charleston. One of the young men is from NC, so he's been here before. The other, a rising 3L like Legare, is from KANSAS!! YES...Kansas is REAL!!! He was here when he was three years old for his uncle's medical school graduation....oddly, he doesn't remember much about it.

They left bright and early this morning for breakfast at Henry's before heading downtown. We had a supper last night here at home. Artichoke dip, crabcakes, rosemary roasted potatoes, green beans, homemade cheese biscuits (BILL...tell Martha Lynn they were fabulous!!) and my famous caramel pecan pie.

Lorelai and her friend Julia are off for a girls' day of shopping and a movie. Hank got up this morning to take Ned to the farm for a little bit and I AM NOW GLORIOUSLY ALONE to drink another pot of coffee and blog and read and probably take a nap. Ain't life grand???
What are you up to today?

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you are having a great weekend. Such nice looking young men you have for weekend guests. Enjoy being lazy this weekend. I am going to a girl's get-together this afternoon with gals from high school. Hubs and I are painting my daughter's bedroom too. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous camera! Enjoy your day! It is gorgeous out! I thought it was supposed to rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our lives are so busy and it's so much fun when we catch up with everything a little bit and sit down to do what we want to do!!! That's what I'm doing now...what I like to do! Sounds like you are having a fab holiday weekend. Enjoy your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy the biscuits were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Kansas is real. I lived there and hated it. Missouri is real too.
    Isn't it nice to have a day off?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Nikon did you get? I have a D40 & D70 that my bil gave me. I don't know how to work the D70 yet. Just ordered a book off of Amazon. You will love the camera.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!