Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Season for Love...and Brunch

It's wedding season here in the South Carolina Lowcountry. The beautiful young woman who grew up across the street from us (she and Legare are the same age) is getting married in June.

My next door neighbor Melanie and I decided to host a brunch. Our daughters, her Lily and Lane, and my Lorelai, were hostesses also, but it seems that Mel and I did most of the work. I did the invitations and we had the event at our house. Melanie did the flowers and food. I think I got the better end of the deal for sure. We have to thank "the dads." Hank did all of the yard work and David made lots of trips across the yard bringing food and supplies over.
The menu was broccoli and bacon quiche, chicken salad, fruit, and hot biscuits. We got our guests all "mimosa-ed up" as soon as they walked in the door and hardly had to pour a glass of sweet tea or water all morning.
It was wonderful fun. Enjoy the photos...

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I love hosting showers...baby or bridal. They're always soooo happy and you can get all the girly stuff out and nobody does the eyeroll!

    We are working like dogs to get everything ready for a big graduation party next Sunday. I am so beyond tired that I think I will probably collapse when it's all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such fun! We just went to a wedding for one of Cait's friends and it was beautiful. But it just seems strange to be attending weddings for these "little girls" :) I'm sure the bride was thrilled, it looks like you had a beautiful shower for her. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely know how to throw a party Miss Belle, this one looks like it was loads of fun. And how wonderful all three of those darling girls will be at Clemson together!

    Smiles at you,
    tp

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!