Tuesday, February 1, 2011

An Oldie but Goodie: What Do You Think?

When you base your life on principle, 99 percent of your decisions are already made.
--Unknown

Isn't that the truth?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.--Margaret Thatcher

Some things just speak for themselves. This is a good one to share with our daughters and their friends.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Be a good example. If you can’t be a good example then you’ll just have to be a horrible warning.--Catherine Aird

As I was reflecting on this quote, I came to the conclusion that I've probably learned MORE about how to conduct myself by observing horrible warnings as I have from observing good examples. I guess that would be a "what NOT to do approach" to personal growth and professional development.

11 comments:

  1. I love all of these. And must agree with you on the last one- thank goodness there were some fools to be horrible warnings so I didn't have to be one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - POWERFUL quotes!! ... and SO true!

    ~melody~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful quotes. I love the second one especially!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first one! It only leaves one decision unanswered, my least favorite decision to make everyday:

    What should we have for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belle, ALL of the quotes are WONDERFUL! A favorite book that I picked up when my children were small, at a Chistian book store is called "Teaching Your Children the Truth About Consequemces" by Dr. Daniel Hahn. It was relevant when they were toddlers and it is relevant today, with a newly licensed driver! As my Grandmother used to say, which I thought was SO SILLY at the time, "As ye'sow, so shall ye' reap!" Ah, the WISDOM of Grandmothers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the last one. Hopefully my kids are learning from my mistakes and won't copy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading quotations and those are all GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT made me laugh out loud. Oh the horrible warnings! I'm stealing your quotes to out on the side of my blogs - they make my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that Margaret Thatcher quote best of all. Though I must agree some of those horrible warnings do stick with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!