Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

  1. So, I understand that there is some sort of big football game today.  What's that all about?
  2. I found myself in meetings three days this week.  Three days OUT of my building.  Thank goodness for staff members and substitute staff members who keep things going.
  3. Two days of meetings were in Columbia, our state capitol.  It's about an hour and forty five minutes away and I usually drive up and back but this time...I don't know...this time, I was TIRED.  The thought of getting up at 5:30 a.m. (even though I usually get up at 6 anyhow) was just overwhelming to me, so I stayed up there, traveling up the night before the first meeting.  What a BRILLIANT decision.  I went to bed early, slept until 7:15 both mornings.  Ate room service one night and with a colleague the other...good food...good conversation. If you're ever in Columbia, the relatively new Hilton at the convention center is better than fine and there is a Ruth's Chris in the lobby.  Guess what I'm going to do when I go back for another round of meetings later in the spring??
  4. Hank's mother got all moved in at Green Grove and seems quite satisfied.  This is a VERY good thing. 
  5. I've let the Valentine season sneak up on me. Money for the kids and sweets for the mothers is the way we're going.  Easy peasy.

Good grief...I'm boring myself.

Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. I posted on FB and then came to the first blog in my reader which was you. Your first sentence was basically my FB post. Great minds....
    Glad the move went well!
    With our trip, I had forgotten about V-day for the kids, I guess they get candy but I am saving my money for Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I can't stand NFL football, however, I ADORE college football.
    Are y'all having horrible weather like we are? I guess it's a matter of perspective, but I don't care for this snow and icy stuff. Not even if I don't have to drive in it. I prefere a warm, sunny day over this winter wonderland we are experiencing.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love NFL football...and will be watching the Super Bowl tonight, too!!

    Of course, I love to see the commercials they always have on....

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you for taking care of "ME" for a change. I am always much more tired if I have to get up in the 5-6 range vs. 6-7. Now figure that one out ;-) And what great news about Hank's mom. Progress . . . fewer worries for you and Hank! Have a great week. {2 of mine have dropped out} Darn it. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am commiserating with you on being out of the building for meetings. I'm out all day tomorrow and Tuesday, and Wednesday in the afternoon. I will be so behind by Thursday morning!

    Good for you for opting to stay in the hotel. Nothing like rest and relaxation!

    I'm glad to hear that all went well with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea The Super Bowl was on today until I heard the neighbor's guests arriving for a big party. I can't wait to see the commercials on You Tube tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only watched the commercials and halftime (and was disappointed with most). Your idea of going early and spending the night sounds wonderful. A little vacation makes a world of difference!

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!