Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Kind of Busy...

Yes...Hank and I were very busy last weekend. Busy taking a break from REALITY! We were getting ill tempered and desperate for some downtime...


We were VERY busy sitting in the screened dock house at the summer house listening to the rain and watching the tides roll in and out.






We were busy reading......... I highly recommend both of these books. The Kathryn Wall books are a series featuring her super sleuth Bay Tanner of Beaufort and Hilton Head. We started with her first book, "In For a Penny" and just purchased "Covenant Hill" at the Beaufort Bookstore on Saturday. Hank and I have both enjoyed all of them.





We were also busy riding over to the Beaufort Inn for a quiet Saturday lunch. The name of the restaurant is Southern Graces. Doesn't that just sound like the perfect place for a beau to take his belle for a leisurely lunch? We were so hungry that I neglected to take photos of the food. They started by bringing us popovers fresh from the oven with strawberry butter. Hank had a swordfish club, while I had she crab soup, a green tomato, applewood smoked bacon and pimento cheese panini, and chocolate cake. Before you start thinking I'm a little piggy, I took the soup and half of the panini back to the house with me for my supper. The soup wasn't the greatest but everything else was FABULOUS. Hank was disappointed that they did not serve wine. Sunday brunch bloody marys and mimosas are the only exceptions to the no alcohol rule.



While we read and relaxed we took a few little tibbles ( I don't know if that's a word or not...) of Maker's Mark Mint Juleps. This premix is AMAZING...I'm told that it will only be sold during Triple Crown season so it won't be available anymore after the Belmont Stakes on June 6. I'm going to need to stock up because I don't ever intend to make a julep from scratch again.





Hope that you and yours had an opportunity to relax a little over the holiday weekend! Summertime is upon us....and the living is easy (or at least it OUGHT to be!)

19 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had an enjoyable holiday weekend!! We were camping so we had a great time, in spite of the rain on Saturday and Sunday....now I will admit that is NOT fun when you're camping in a pop-up camper!!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so wonderful!! You all deserve some downtime and relaxation!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read The House on Tradd Street and I loved it! I will have to check out Kathryn Hall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a VERY southern belle weekend! :)

    And you're having a taste of our Kentucky Mint Juleps... Around Derby, you can SMELL the burbon in the air around here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belle,

    Looks like you had a great relaxing weekend!!!!! You relaxed, you read, you ate and you drank!!!! It doesn't get much better than that! :)

    I am glad you had such a nice weekend!!!! :)


    xoxoxoxoxo
    Donna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at strawberry butter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend! Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reading suggestion. I'll definitely have to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did more relaxing this past weekend than I have done in a very long time. I see you were down in our neck of the woods again. Don't you just love the low country?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! And what a perfect weekend.
    I agree with Hank, a glass of wine would of made y'alls lunch spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that sounds fabulous! what a nice weekend!! love maker's mark mint julep. my best friend lived in louisville for a time and we would drink it on the occasion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you kind of busy. We did some of the same with some dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful, relaxing weekend. The Inn looks gorgeous, and anytime I'm near water I can just feel the tension oozing out of me. Good for you, you've certainly earned it! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh! Your weekend sounds delightful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Actually, you can get the Maker's Mark Mint Julep pre-mix at the distillery. You should come visit Maker's Mark Distillery and take the free tour. It's terrific. Maker’s Mark Distillery is located just outside historic downtown Lebanon, the geographic center of the state and true Heart of Kentucky. Come feel the beat! You can learn more about Maker’s Mark and get easy, detailed directions to the distillery at www.HeartOfKentucky.com.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, that just sounds wonderful...and yummy!

    It's great to see you taking care of yourself. So important when things get hectic in ones real life!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!