Thursday, May 14, 2009

Three Quotation Thursday

It's been awhile since we had a Three Quotation Thursday...See what you think...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You cannot be mad at somebody who makes you laugh - it's as simple as that.
Jay Leno

I started thinking about the people who make me laugh as opposed to those who don't. This is kind of true in my life. I might get ANNOYED but I never truly get full blown mad. I got perturbed with somebody the other day and now I realize that I don't find one single thing amusing about that person. Nothing...nada...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.
Lord Byron

Ain't this the gospel truth? Laughter always makes me feel better. Seems like great big belly laughs don't occur as much as they used to. I wonder why? A great big belly laugh feels SO good...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thou should eat to live; not live to eat.
Socrates

This quote seemed especially appropriate this week. Friday is weigh in day. (Thanks, friends for the advice about a small piece of dark chocolate...IT WORKS!!!)

7 comments:

  1. Great quotes! Especially the second one. We had an incident last night at dinner (long story involving an incredibly hard to open bag) that made DH and I laugh so hard we were crying. This, after a particularly rough day at work, was just "what the Dr. ordered"! I felt great for the rest of the night! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last quote is so true! I think I need to print it out and post it on my fridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great quotes!! Thanks for sharing. You are right on point with your commentary!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Leno quote is one of the reasons I have trouble being a good disciplinarian. My daughter starts making me laugh with her facial expressions. Then my stern look dissolves into giggles, which I attempt to stifle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obviously I appreciate laughter. I laugh at myself more often than not. Now if I could eat to live............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup....laughter fixes what ails you. It's my number one favorite thing about my hubby...he has made me laugh every single day for the last 10 years...and usually more than just a few times a day. I just wish laughing burned more calories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I love these quotes and cannot be mad with someone who makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...it makes me HAPPY!